The Call to Thankfulness
Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before Him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are His. We are His people, the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving; go into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continuees forever, and His faithfulness continues to each generation.
- Thankfulness is God's Will
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
- Thankfulness is Commanded
- Psalm 100:4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving; go into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name.
- Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.
- Colossians 3:15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
- Thankfulness Honors God
- Psalm 50:23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors Me. If you keep to My path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.
- Psalm 69:30 Then I will praise God's name with singing, and I will honor Him with thanksgiving.
- Thankfulness is a Sacrifice
- Psalm 50:14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High.
- Psalm 107:21-22 Let them praise the Lord for His great love and for the wonderful things He has done for them. Let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving and sing joyfully about His glorious acts.
- Thankfulness is to be a Lifestyle
- 1 Timothy 2:1 I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
- Colossians 3:15, 17 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
Jeremiah 33:10-11 This is what the Lord says: You have said, "This is a desolate land where people and animals have all disappeared." Yet in the empty streets of Jerusalem and Judah's other towns, there will be heard once more the sounds of joy and laughter. The joyful voices of bridegrooms and brides will be heard again, along with the joyous songs of people bringing the thanksgiving offerings to the Lord. They will sing, "Give thanks to the Lord of Heaven's Armies, for the Lord is good. His faithful love endures forever!" For I will restore the prosperity of this land to what it was in the past, says the Lord.