Back to the Basics
1 Peter 4:7-11
The end of the world is coming soon. Therefore, be earnest and disciplined in your prayers. Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay. God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
- The Basic of Prayer
- 1 Peter 4:7 The end of the world is coming soon. Therefore, be earnest and disciplined in your prayers.
- Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.
- Romans 12:12 Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
- The Basic of Love
- 1 Peter 4:8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
- John 13:34-35 So now I am giving you a new commandmant: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.