God is With You
Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. See, all your angry enemies lie there confused and humiliated. Anyone who opposes you will die and come to nothing. You will look in vain for those who tried to conquer you. Those who attack you will come to nothing. For I hold you by your right hand - I, the Lord your God. And I say to you , "Don't be afraid. I am here to help you."
Introduction: 1 Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
Revelation 3:20 Look, I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will share a meal together as friends.
- The Book of Isaiah
- Isaiah 41:10 Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
- Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
- Isaiah 40:31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
- The Book of Psalms
- Psalm 23:2-4 He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
- Psalm 91:14-15 The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them."
- Psalm 16:8 I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
- The Book of Matthew
- Matthew 1:23 Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means "God is with us."
- Matthew 11:28-29 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
- Matthew 28:20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.